Hard Driver Reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SThompson86

In Runtime
Hello all, I am looking for a Hard Drive Reader, when I search Google/Ebay/Amazon the results I get are not exactly what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is this. At my workplace we have these USB hard drive readers. They have a built in IDE/pata female connector and a Molex power connector all powered by usb. I can tell the ones we have at work used to be something else because they are taken apart looking. Nevertheless I asked my boss and he told me search for Hard drive enclosure which did not help me none.

I need one of these to add to my own pc tool collection.

Thanks in advance

Thanks man, I think I know now why that one at work was taken apart. They bought one of those IDE to Sata converters to use with it, So they took all the nice plastic off of it in order to use that converter thing.

While those would work very well, you could save quite a bit of money, and get : USB 2.0 to SATA or IDE 2.5-in, 3.5-in Converter Adapter

I have the same thing, and it works great. If you need all the functions, definitely get the docks, if you're just looking to make an "external" hard drive, or have the ability to make one available when you need it, look into the last link, that I posted.

While those would work very well, you could save quite a bit of money, and get : USB 2.0 to SATA or IDE 2.5-in, 3.5-in Converter Adapter

I have the same thing, and it works great. If you need all the functions, definitely get the docks, if you're just looking to make an "external" hard drive, or have the ability to make one available when you need it, look into the last link, that I posted.

Thats exactly what I need.

Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom