hard-drive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal

In Runtime
Well i just got a brand new Maxtor 80Gb and ive installed windows on it and some programs for a total of 7gb.But weirdly,the available space displayed is only 45gb.It should be at least 70?
What can be the problem pls?:confused:

well ive reeinstalled windows once ,but it cleaned the first windows and installed a new one.Since that i get these "wrong" informations.Ive reeinstalled often on my old HD and it never did it.IF i would have made a partition by mistake,how can i see it??

beedubaya:total space=76.3
:available=45.2
:used space=31.0

but i dont have for 31 gb of stuff

Go to your control panel, click administrative tools, click computer management, and in the left-hand sidebar, there should be a disk management option. From there, you can do everything relating to disk partitions.

mm, mmm, mmm on setup menu, you'll find windowsXP showing partitions,

else, boot ur system with dos prompt.

once on dos prompt, write fdisk

A:\> fdisk

and it'll take into DOS partition program

once in, select option 4

and you'll see partitions

He won't have access to fdisk unless he has a startup disk from a previous DOS-based version of Windows, such as Windows 98.

went in control panel just like you said and all seem ok...only 2 hard-drives,same weird infos.Dunno how to boot in dos with XP.Damn ive only 3 games and winRar installed for 30gb..mmh

ive installed windows on the other HD to format the 80gb,but it said it was impossible

right click on the 2nd drive click delete. after that you right click and select format (ntfs).

when you are done formating set the partition as active

ok i did that vance it worked that time.But when i deleted it i couldnt see it anymore on the list so i couldnt set as active...i reeinstalled it as 'dynamic'. C: still basic...is there a difference between basic and dynamic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom