Hard Drive Problems : EPISODE II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Yeah, uh, Today I posted a topic about my harddrive being all messed up. the error is

" Problem With hard drive detected, contact user manual for troubleshooting"

"press enter to continue"

pressing enter leads me to a screen saying "press f4 to resume" Of course, nothing happens, after three hours of waiting for it to do something nothing happened.

User manual sucks.

And it happened right after I installed BF2 and reset my PC so it would work. properly. (would the DX 9.0 update have something to do w/ this?)

Anyways, I've tried my ribbon cables from the disk drives on the hd, but no results. Last time this happened was when I was installing the BF2 demo, and the problem magically disapeared the next day.

Anyways, I'm open to ALL advice! EVERYTHING--THROW IT AT ME!

I'm willing to do anything to get my pc back to work again.

Standard Intel Mobo ( from gateway )
80 GB Western Digital hard drive
Ati Radepm 9800 PRO
350 watt PSU

Remember ALL ADVICE WELCOME!

Did you try clearing the CMOS and/or removing the battery on your motherboard? There should be clear CMOS jumper than you can switch to clear it. Try taking out your battery for at least about 15 minutes and then try default BIOS settings. I was having problems with my computer booting and I tried a combination of that and removing some of my drives and cards and that seemed to help. Give it a shot.

1. Not gay, don't love me, unless you're a really nice lookin' sweet geek girl (do they exist?)

2. Are you having the same problems, or is it something new? My problem kept coming back a little, but I think that was because my CPU fan stopped while I was gone and I'm guessing overheated and my motherboard shut off and I was having problems again, BIOS wasn't detecting my hard drives. I dunno what else to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom