hard drive problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
When i boot my pc, it says in white letter hard drive problem, and then it takes me to a black screen where it says, 'press f4 to continue' i pressed f4 and it hasnt done anything for the past 15 minutes and im getting concerned.
i just upgraded my ram, i dont know if thats the problem.
my hd is a western digital 80 gb.

please help.

most likely a virus. u may need to reformat ur harddrive if u have important files u need to save u might try taking it to a near by computer repair shop they should be able to help u.

does anyone know any other options? im realy pissed of right now. it stopped working when the computer suddenly crashed and rebooted while loading the battlefield 2 demo. i had just upgraded the ram the same day. i feel it has nothing to do with the ram because i used the one i had before and still the same problem. I can't reformat because i lost all the cd's when i moved.

i know im probobly f**ked but im begging for a solutions here.

Well get a copy of Memtest86 and see if the RAM is the problem. If you have a 2nd computer, you should try to take the HD and throw it in as a slave drive on the 2nd computer and run an A/V scan on it. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT EXECUTE ANY FILES ON THE SLAVE DRIVE

Why? Well if there is a virus then you might get infected again on the 2nd computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom