Hard Drive Partitions Question (Keeping Them Seperate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrisguitar

Solid State Member
sorry if this is in the wrong forum

i have a studio computer that i use for recording and it has countless hard to find software packages that need to be protected from viruses, therefore i o not allow connection to the internet when using it.

however i am going to uni (doing computer games design) and i cant affford another computer. however i need to eb able to access the internet of course.

my hard drive on this computer is partitioned. (and everything so far for the studio has gone to the first partition, the second part. is unused)

what i want to know is; is there a way to run the pc through the second partition of the hard drive for uni work and use the first when i want to record .

Therefore making sure nothing can affect the studio data (eg. if partition 2 (used for uni) gets a virus this would not affect partition one ( when using the studio,)

basically is it possible to do this (and choose which partition when i boot) or is the only way of actually doing this to get a second hard drive. (even with a second hand drive would i get everything i want above)

hope you can help

thanks a lot
Idris

really hope you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom