Hard drive help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameo

Beta member
I have resently upgraded my psu on my pc an after doing so was having booting problems so decided to format the hard drive i put in the xp disk deleted the partition made a new and went on to format the drive but it is saying the disk isnt readable and was unable to format...

The bios and computer detects the drive is there but it wont access it, so i thought it might be a lead error tried a differant one same problem, put the harddrive in my brothers pc as slave booted up fine and can see the hard drive in my computer when i click on it it says it needs formating but when i try it says unable to format.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

kameo,

What kinda HDD is that [sata/ide]? and does the HDD make any noise ?[possible that the disk is worn out]

its a Samsung sp1203n ide i think it was working fine this morning but now its doing this since i changed the power supply it did get very hot recently when i felt it though

kameo,

so was having booting problems
What kinda problems? Do you get any error messages?

Okay, try this. Connect your HDD as slave to your brother's comp. Dont click on your HDD drives, instead click 'start->run' . type in 'diskmgmt.msc' and click OK.

The Xp local disk managment software should open, you can see your drive in that. Make whatever changes you want[format/partition..], set an active partition to one of your drives.

Then, connect it back to your comp and check the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom