Hard drive help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Please help i'm goin' out of my mind.

I wanted to convert my 1 hard drive from fat32 to NTFS so i used Partition magic everything seemed to go well,after an hour or so i wanted to go to my other drive 2 go play some online games, so i tried switching over but nothing happend just a black screen,so i went back 2 my main drive to try and figure thing's out,after a while of reading sum thing's online about Partition magic somtime's screwing up the other drive when you convert i thought i'd switch back to Fat32, that's when the crap started to hit the fan after i switched back and rebooted i could not get in to either of my drive's, i tried everything i could think of but nothing worked i got so mad i just said screw it i'll just format everything,after formatting i tried loading up my windows cd and half way thru i got a black screen that come up in the corner saying error writing to drive c,i get the same error when i tried to load windows on my D drive,my main drive is a maxtor so after i tried everything i could think of i went 2 the maxtor site and got maxblast and powermax,after running powermax it said my drive was good and fine,so i ran maxblast next, it seemed to work fine i did everything it said, tried to load windows again and got the same thing,went back to maxblast did a low level format same thing won't load up,this is starting 2 piss me off big time i've been sitting at my computer since 2 o'clock this afternoon now it's 4 in the moring and and i've gone thru 4 pot's of coffee, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I think i'm gonna die from caffeine soon.

Thanx MicroBell it works now, i'm sorry but i didn't see your post on this, i did do a search but a combo of coffee and reading stuff all night has left me just about completly blind:)

Once again Thank you.

I dont think NTFS is backwards compatible, once you set filing system to NTFS and go back to FAT32 with out actually deleting the partion and formatting.

You have to FDISK, or delete the partition then create it again. NTFS is not backwards compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom