Hard drive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny

Baseband Member
I keep getting this error message when I run fdisk on my old hard drive that has no partitions on it. The virus detection from the BIOS was disabled and it still didn't work. Any help to get this hard drive working again would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

run-time error R6003 - integer divide by 0

he did already search it, thats how he knows about the virus detection fix:

Every time I try to start Windows Me, I see the following error message, "Runtime Error R6003 - Integer divide by 0". What could be causing this?

Reader: Every time I try to start Windows Me, I see the following error message, "Runtime Error R6003 - Integer divide by 0". What could be causing this?

Scott: You probably have boot sector virus protection enabled in your BIOS Setup. To eliminate this you will need to enter your BIOS Setup (follow the directions in the manual for your computer or motherboard for details) and disable this feature. It may also be called "write protect boot sector" or "write protect hard disk".

If that isn't the problem then my next suggestion would be that your hard disk is defective and would need to be replaced.

i would have someone double check the "write protect boot sector" is disabled in case you are setting the wrong option. also consider you have a bad disk which needs replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom