• GEFORCE MX4000 128MB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

muppet007

Beta member
Hi,
A friend has an old pc that refuses to reboot and he wants to remove some stuff on the hard drive and to be able to use it on the new pc.

Wat's the best way of recovering files, etc from the old hard drive?

Remove and install on the new pc if there's a free slot?Is there some sort of external connector that will allow me to transfer from one to the other if I remove the hard drive?

Any idea's would be appreciated?

Cheers

Muppet007

Hook up the drive as a slave on the new PC and pull the data off. Note: most programs will not work, but at least you have your data.

This is a super noob question. The old drive should be made a slave and then transfer whatever files you want after the new drive is up and running. Not a hard concept and this question has been answered a bazillion times before!!!!!

hi,
okay, sounds okay, what do I need to connect the 2 pcs, what type of cable? Remember the old Pc refuses to reboot, so it looks like I have to extract it...
cheers
Muppet007

you dont have to connect the two pc's. put the drive into the new pc with the jumpers set on slave. this will make it run on a secondary drive. you can then get data off it.

what sort of drive is it? sata? ide? you need to find out if there are any spare connectors on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom