hard drive choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the fastest drive out there and you have sata (serial ata) find a 10,000 or 15,000 rpm raptor drives. Otherwise you could get a ata133 drive, and the next fastest would be a seagate drive (ata100). They seem to be faster than any other brand.

well the best you could find in an ATA-133 is WD 80GB 7200rpm 8MB Cache im using it myself n it rocks, otherwise get a serial ATA! what could be better....

As mentioned in the post above mine, the 74GB Western Digital Raptor hard drive will be the fastest of the fast, discluding SCSI drives which I don't really want to get into as I have heard they can get quite complicated.

dang those hds are expensive- i spent $200 (and the price has gone down DRASTICLY since then) on my Maxtor ATA 250gb! Now, you can get one for about $100 or even less.

Yes, the faster hard drives are expensive! Ouchy. That being said Seagate, Western Digital and Maxtor are good drives (in the order of my personal preference). I wouldn't touch most other brands with a 50000 foot pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom