Hard Drive Blinking too much when playing BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boma

In Runtime
I have a A64 2800+, Leadtek 6600GT AGP, 1gig Corsair Value, 120gb and a 8mb cache Western Digital hdd. Even when I lower the settings to 800x600 and I turn off Anti-Aliasing, every 3 seconds or so the hdd light blinks and it will make my computer stutter while playing. When the light is not blinking it is running very smooth.

I also have a no name 480 watt powersupply.

What could be causing this problem? Thanks alot.

This kinda sounds like a fragmented disk. When your computer goes to load some data for something in the game, it takes the hard drive a bunch more searching to find one file.

Another thing to look at is if you have many other processes running at the same time. If you have all these other programs requiring data from the HD, while BF2 needs data, then they will be putting a strain on the HD.

Elbatrop1 said:
This kinda sounds like a fragmented disk. When your computer goes to load some data for something in the game, it takes the hard drive a bunch more searching to find one file.

Another thing to look at is if you have many other processes running at the same time. If you have all these other programs requiring data from the HD, while BF2 needs data, then they will be putting a strain on the HD.

I shut pretty much everything off. The only icon still up is volume control and Trend PC Cillin Internet Security 2005.
I also ran window's disk defrag once.

I going to run diskkeeper right now.

LOL about the hdd light. Poop on u. jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom