Halo doesn't work but other games do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
I just installed halo on my comp and opened it up, when it opens it freezes at the Title Screen(Not Menu). I tried Updating it and patching it but still the same thing happens. I tried reinstalling it but still the same thing. Next I installed the newest version of Direct X which was Direct X 9.0c, still the same thing. I don't know whats wrong. Could it be my vidcard drivers, because it isn't the ATI one it's a softmod driver from some website. Pleas Help.

P.S. Is this the right forum? I have no problem If this thread is moved.

i believe this is pritty much common place, when u dont wont to buy the game, but also dont know were to find a compitent source.

I would have to say it is related to your drivers. Personaly, I only use drivers that have been distributed by ATi. Try updateing to Catalyst 4.8 (full) or Catalyst 4.9 (beta) (if you play Doom3).

As far as i know,as jolancer said, it happens with, "backup copies" of games. if it is real,update your drivers, and try putting sound acceleration to basic( worked with freedom fighters). to do this do the following:
type dxdiag into run menu,click on sound tab, then put on basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom