Guys help me out here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShankKnuckles

Banned
Hey guys hows it going. Ive been having some beef with my computer lately. I had Christopher (DJ-CHRIS) take a look at it and he didnt have a clue so he recommended that I post the problem here. You see, the screen keeps turning blue when i power on the PC. The screen says something about kernal 32. It turns off like 10 seconds later. this started happening out of nowhere. I just built this thing and it was fine until yesterday and i am pissed because this cost me over 800 bones.

Hrm when did I help you?

To help me and everyone on the forums, why dont you take a pic of your screen with a digital camera and post it up here :)

EDIT: Who are you, how do you know me, ect.

image05643bn.jpg

that blue screen means kernel32.dll (an important file for Windows) is corrupt, or something is making it not run properly
what OS are you running? 98, 2000, XP?

there are a number of causes, even if it's not the file itself.

first, you can overwrite the kernel32.dll in the recovery console - boot to the 2000/XP CD, press 'r' at the first screen and at the command prompt, type:
copy "D:\i386\kernel32.dl_" "C:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll"

or you can do a repair-install of XP - boot from the 2000/XP CD, press enter at the first screen, f8, then after it says "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows" press r
this will overwrite any corrupt files

or it could even be a problem with something else, like bad sectors on the hard drive, or even a fluctuating PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom