GTX 280 fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaaxx

Baseband Member
Hey all,
I've got a question about my XFX card, a GTX280.

I'd like to crank up the fan speed on that thing but i can't using the Nvidia panel for this.

If there's any program out there please let me know or a way to enable the cooling option.

I used to have an 8800GT and I remember the cooling option worked on that card,

Please let me know,
MAXX

you could try the evga precision tool...i have no clue if it'll work with other cards than EVGA...but on the other hand, how could they tell? lol

EVGA | EVGA Precision

you have to be a member of their site to download. Hope it works :]

thanks guys ill take a look at it, my card is pretty hot which acts like a freekin heatsource to other hardware

i know there is a difference...but my gtx 260 idles at like 44-45C and gets to 50-60C when I game..that's at 40-50% fan. Maybe you need more circulation in your case. or maybe there is a huge heat difference :p i dunno lol

^ agreed, use riva tuner. best tuning soft ware out there. and i think only evga precision works only on evga cards.

^ agreed, use riva tuner. best tuning soft ware out there. and i think only evga precision works only on evga cards.

Thirded.

I don't see why EVGA Precision would work on only EVGA cards though...guess I'm not sure since I have an EVGA card and can't test it on another one lol.

yea that's why i said what i did...how could they tell who made the card?

and what's with all the talk with rivatuner? i downloaded it and couldn't find any type of temperature things or fan controls....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom