Grr im at my wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwjayleedy

Baseband Member
I have a 2.40a ghz p4 socket 478 533fsb and 1mb l2 cache

my computer is reading it as an intel(r) 6.ooghz at 1.40 why isnt it at 2.4? Ive searched every where for my board and i guess its discontinued its a amptron m922-lu pc400. What am i doing wrong that it wont run the 533 at 2.4? i tried setting the jumpers to 133mhz but i get a blue screen error when i power my computer on it says it does this to protect windows. im lost doods can ya help?

Its a desktop, how would i go about raising the voltage. Im currently taking repair troubleshooting but we havent covered mobo's yet. I heard if i upgrade my bios it might work. even when i change my multiplier in cmos my computer wont even boot then.
my games are running fine but i didnt spend 180 on the processor only to get half the speed out of it. ya know.

so all you veteran techies little help for the noob dood?

I have that same processor, and it's been running at full 2.4 for over 3 years now.

Have you tried resetting the bios so it will re-detect all hardware settings, maybe it's just a glitch somewhere.

Also try flashing your bios to the latest version.

So resetting it is basically setting the cmos reset pins right?
disconnect power and set jumpers to clear for a couple secs?

and to do a flash it has to be in real mode ?
so basically booted to dos, ugghhh the one part of class i failed miserably

hmmm so anyone have a good flash sight to check out maybe a great user friendly utility?

the bios string would be what i would use to id my bios right ?

sorry for all the questions i like to make things perfect and paying $200 total for a processor and not getting full performance out of it really suks lol

So all help is really appreciated, or naybe i should just change my mobo?

i mean for a dollar it wasnt a bad deal ya know so but anyways
help me out tech kiddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom