Grounding straps, do they really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be safe to assume though that u can take a jumper wire and jumpe the 3rd(center) prong on your PSU to the ground connection on the wall outlet, without turning off the cuircute braker?? ..it sounds resonable to me, but im asking just incase.

I barely ever use the grounding strap when working on a computer even though I have one.. Im just really careful.

would it be safe to assume though that u can take a jumper wire and jumpe the 3rd(center) prong on your PSU to the ground connection on the wall outlet, without turning off the cuircute braker?? ..it sounds resonable to me, but im asking just incase.
Uh...Why not just press the little red/blue button instead of playing around with wires stuck in plug sockets? I mean, that's just begging for a Darwin Award.

Technically (and I've done this, shockingly) you can put the plug in your pants. As long as you're grounded, you're okay.

It's just not that big of a deal, guys. As long as you're not standing on a carpet in your socks on a dry winter day, all you need to do is touch the metal of the case first, and yer set.

Alrighty, well on that note, I reckon I'll pick up a cheap grounding strap and use it, might as well have the extra protection.
Guess I ought to start unplugging my machine when I work on it though .... whoops.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom