Grounded motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeece

Beta member
Hey all, it's me... :D

Hem, I'm currently building a small server case out of acrylic panels. Since the mobo will be bolted directly onto an acrylic panel (as opposed as on a metal panel, in a conventional case), it won't be grounded anymore, right? But, does it need to be grounded? :confused: To ground or not to ground?

And, where the hell can I find those small "riser / spacer" bolts? The kinds that are usually under the mobo? I got some with my case, but since I'll build one from scratch, I'll have to find some. :mad: Tried many online computer stores, nothing. :( Same thing goes with the motherboard's screws and the switches/LEDs with mb connectors... I could buy an old case and scavenge those parts, but I don't wanna pay 20$+ and then have an empty useless and unsoldable case. :angry:

Well, I'll find a way, I hope...

PS: I think I saw some wired momentary switches a while ago on Newegg, but they don't ship in Canada where I live, so I don't bother browsing this site anymore...

Rubber washers might work, which I am sure you can get at a hardware store. As far as the other types I really don't know. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom