Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ok

• bad

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think ATI can win much at all at this time.

Except best single video card, than SLI comes into play :p

i haven't heard much about the gigabyte, but i think it uses passive cooling

i'd suggest you go with either eVGA or leadtek; if you got the extra money, the BFG ones are nice as well (and come with lifetime warranty)

i don't think it matters. just don't get passive cooling!

all the 6600's that seem to come from different companies acctually come from nVIDIA. the other companies such as BFG, PNY, and Leadtek just choose the clock speeds, heatsinks, and color of the board.

Well you play an interesting combo of games. If you played mostly Doom 3 then NVIDIA is the way to go. They perform way better at doom 3 than ATI. But half life/counter strike is ATI's game, and ATI cards will easily outperform NVIDIA at that game. However the obvious choice is the 6600gt. The x700 pro is not a very good card at all. The 256mb of memory actually make it worse, the x700 xt with 128mb of memory is much faster. If I* were you I would not get pro versions of cards.
If you wanted to go ATI then your best bet would be to increase your budget to $290 and get an x800 xl. This card will outperform the 6600 gt by a good piece at most everything except it gets beaten by a little at doom 3.

Anyway I would get the 6600gt pci-e version (better mobos and compatibilty this way as opposed to agp) and get it made by eVGA or MSI. Don't expect full settings on half life 2 to run smoothly though...

The lesser than best models with ATI will always suck compared to nVidia's low end.

nVidia 6600GT

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom