Graphics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
Here's a quickie, I just want some oppinions...

I have a Ti4200, and its time to upgrade. Ive been looking at the fx5500 or 5700. Do you think I will see a noticeable difference in farcry and doom. I know the fx series uses pixel and smart shaders, but the core and memory speed aren't that far off from mine.
Or should i just wait and save up for a 6 series.
BTW, ATI... blah :D

Thanks, -Joe

You will be much happier if you save up and get a midrange GeForce 6 series such as the 6600GT. If you can afford it, get the 6800GT, which is unmatched by anything ATI has in the same price range, and blows away the FX series.

beedubaya said:
You will be much happier if you save up and get a midrange GeForce 6 series such as the 6600GT. If you can afford it, get the 6800GT, which is unmatched by anything ATI has in the same price range, and blows away the FX series.
Do what he says, the fx series are not worth getting at this time. a 6800gt what beat your card out the window.:)

remember though with a 6 series card you'll have to upgrade that 300w power supply that you have

remember though with a 6 series card you'll have to upgrade that 300w power supply that you have
Even my FX 5700 recommends atleast a 300w and that's not even considering what other components you have in it, but yeah dude, you might as well just wait until the 6600GT comes out as that card will be $200 and will probably be the best bang for your buck. If you can afford the 6800GT get that, get the brand eVGA and you'll be able to overclock that GT to Ultra speeds because eVGA brand puts the same heavy duty heatsink on all their cards, that means you get a heatsink that's meant for the power and heat from the Ultra card put on the next card down! = more OC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom