Graphics, possible ram problem - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
I have no friends with a better graphics card.
Doesn't have to be a better one. Just another one that has the capability to run the game to see if the issue is related to the graphics card, or something else.

On another note, I think that was just a misunderstanding with the hanging thing, he was referring to the computer, not yourself (unless TheMajor has suddenly taken a strange personality turn to the evil? )

By the way, that first post was definitely one of the best asking-for-help posts I've read in terms of readability and clarity. All the necessary information in a clear, catagorized, order .

Error: Keyboard not attached. Please press F1 to continue. <pre>-------OS----------Gentoo Linux-------<br>------Browser-----Mozilla Firefox-----</pre><form action="http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="search"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search the Forums, thanks to Emily"></form>

|||Official Forum Rules|||<hr>
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

http://www.playtool.com/pages/underc.../slowdown.html

It might be the power supply. You do have 5 case fans blowing. Try removing your sound card/ethernet card/and 3 case fans. See if that helps.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to uber Send a message via Yahoo to uber

Quote:
Originally posted by Qiranworms
Doesn't have to be a better one. Just another one that has the capability to run the game to see if the issue is related to the graphics card, or something else.

On another note, I think that was just a misunderstanding with the hanging thing, he was referring to the computer, not yourself (unless TheMajor has suddenly taken a strange personality turn to the evil? )

By the way, that first post was definitely one of the best asking-for-help posts I've read in terms of readability and clarity. All the necessary information in a clear, catagorized, order .
I don't have friends that know ANYTHING about graphics cards. I think the MoBo has some sort of 4 mb integrated peripheral, I really just want to solve this without spending any more cash.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hacp
http://www.playtool.com/pages/underc.../slowdown.html

It might be the power supply. You do have 5 case fans blowing. Try removing your sound card/ethernet card/and 3 case fans. See if that helps.

Okay, what would that solve? I do not like going into the case, it reminds me of when I bent the pins and had to bend them back into place... I probably could pull that crap out, but when I put it back in would it work properly? Also, 4 of the fans are integrated in the case, I only installed one into a slot in the front.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Techie

It wouldn't directly solve anything, only help determine the source of the issue.
Error: Keyboard not attached. Please press F1 to continue. <pre>-------OS----------Gentoo Linux-------<br>------Browser-----Mozilla Firefox-----</pre><form action="http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="search"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search the Forums, thanks to Emily"></form>

|||Official Forum Rules|||<hr>
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Monster Techie

You can pull the connectors out, and it will work if you pull them back in. There are no pins involved with cases, so it is perfectly safe. Just remember to turn off all power and unplug your computer before you go into the computer.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hacp
How many Watts on the Antec? I would suggest ATI Tool for underclocking. Also, do any of your friends have at least a graphics card? Just to see if its the video card thats the problem.
Tried underclocking, didn't make a difference.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Simple and age-old suggestion that has worked for me in the past: Your CPU and/or GPU may be overheating. Take the side panel off you case, nd if you've got a large office/kitchen cooling fan, place it by the side to pump cool air inside there.
AMD X2 4400+ Toledo 1MB/Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe/2GB Kingston HyperX/SLI Gigabyte 7800 GTX 256MB/Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat w/ Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers /180GB Hitachi PATA/19\" AG Neovo F-419 LCD/OCZ PowerStream 600W PSU/WinXP Home SP2
Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by DoomUK
Simple and age-old suggestion that has worked for me in the past: Your CPU and/or GPU may be overheating. Take the side panel off you case, nd if you've got a large office/kitchen cooling fan, place it by the side to pump cool air inside there.
Okay, I removed the case side (Easy because its antec).
I don't have a small office fan, so I just used a magazine and waved it to try to get some new air inside once and a while.
Average temps are as follows:

System: 96 farenheit
CPU: 113 farenheit.

These are the highest they went.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Qiranworms
It wouldn't directly solve anything, only help determine the source of the issue.
I removed the extra usb card, sound, ethernet, and one fan, I was only able to power down one fan. It didn't help.

Closed Thread