Graphics Card Won't Work After A Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-axe

Baseband Member
I WAS USING MY ON BOARD DISPLAY ON MY SYSTEM WHEN I PUT IN THE GRAPHICS CARD AND UPGRADED MY SYSTEM FROM ATHLON XP 2000 TO 2600+ MY GRAPHICS CARD WORKED FOR A WHILE AND THEN STOPPED WORKING, I TOOK IT BACK TO SUPPLIERS GOT ANOTHER CARD IT WORKED FOR A WHILE AND I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN. TOOK BACK AND THEY TESTED IT WORKED AND WHEN I BROUGHT BACK HOME, I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM ON BOARD DISPLAY WORKED BUT GRAPHICS CARD WON'T WORK. ONBOARD DISPLAYS WORK WHILE THE GRAPHICS IS PLUGS IN, AND IF I LEAVE THE SYSTEM FOR A DAY OR TWO AND PUT IS ONE THE GRAPHICS CARD WORKS AND AFTER A WHILE IT WON'T WORK. PLEASE HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

oh man! looks like your Mobo is Lively :) , dont bear any other's interruption , HAHAH.

tell me your board, and also, have you done these things:

1: Disabled the on Board VGA?
2: Enable VGA from AGP rather than PCI?

these above 2 are BIOS settings.

you need to disable the on bourd graphics wen u put the new card in. the option is in your bios i believe.

hmm, preety confusing.

see ur AGP slot hasnt something stucked in, that is interfering with golden notches of VGA card (could be a reason)

2: what memory u r using? a qualified memory or third party?

tell me what graphic card are you using? probably ATI card.

do this: strange thing, that u disable the VGA card, and still it works (how come)

as if its ATi, remove all the graphic drivers of this S3 unichrome on ur board, and then use BIOS to disable the integrated card.

set buffer level to 64, and VGA boot from AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom