Graphics card testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalky

Baseband Member
Is there any software out there that can test you vid card to see if it has any problems because i think i have a hardware problem with my card as games freeze after a few minutes play. I have tried all trouble shooting and posted on here several times only to find out that ppl say it will prob be a hardware fault i have.

cheers

Chalky

This doesn't sound like a video card problem but more like a memory leak or OS problem. post your system specs and try to be more specific. Does it happen with all the games? Does it also happen when you run other CPU intensive apps?
What programs are running in the background?

Sometimes the bugs present in newer drivers could cause problems.
Like the newer drivers won't do any god to my 32mb Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 so I use older Detonator drivers (ver 21.83). So try installin some older drivers.

Btw ur PC freezes playin which game?
Maybe ur G-card is not powerful enough. Just maybe.

my graphics card should be powerful enough i think.
it freezes on all my games, from splintercell, gta vc, UT2003, UT2004, C&C Generals, MOHAA.

I am sure my card is powerful enough for all these games.??

i will try older drivers.

thanks for advice

chalky

do a google search for 'ENDITALL' which will remove any TSR problem.
If you have another video card on board, make sure it is deactivated.
If your previous card was NVIDIA, you may have remnants from your previous drivers delete them with detonator destroyer or other similar programs.
make sure you delete all of your drivers when you update them (through the add/remove program). The ATI sites tells you exactly how to proceed.

thanks for advice zerozero but i think it may be graphics card after all, as i ran 3DMark03 and after about 10 minutes it freezes. Again i have to resort to hard reset of computer. Im guessing my vid card is broken, d'oh!
do u agree??

chalky

first off, what vid card do you have????? make sure all your drivers are up to date. then if they are do this:
if you have another vid card laying around ( even if it is in another computer) take it, put it in, and take the offending one out, make sure the drivers are all good, and then run 3dmark/ your games. if they run fine, then it is probably a problem with the card.

Going insane.

my stats are:

XP Pro with Mc Affee Antivirus installed and SP1
2100+ AMD (~1743Mhz) with Aero 7+ Cooler arctic5 thermal paste
MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR mobo
1 GB RAM (2x 512MB TwinX XMS Corsair)
Radeon 9700 Pro with Arctic VGA Silencer Cooler
CD-R Drive
DVD Drive
Floppy Drive

3DMark03 freezes on same bit everytime. I think its a broken video card. its not a heating prob as temp for cpu under load is 40C and case 38C.

I have altered memory timings, increased bios aperture from 128MB to 256MB, increased voltage supplied to RAM and GPU, ran AdAware and Bazooka with latest updates, tried just one stick of RAM in each slot, Formatted several times. Set bios to basic settings, cleared CMOS. And guess what, games still freeze after playing for a while and 3DMark2003 freezes on same point.

Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom