Graphics Card showing Corrupted Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrif

Beta member
My Graphics card has recently gone on the fritz. I really don't know what happened. First I thought my DirectX files were corrupted, so I reinstalled those. No luck. Then I noticed OpenGL was also corrupted. So I tried reinstalling my video drivers. No Luck. So, I'm pretty sure by now that it's my video card that's going crazy. I tried turning my AGP mode to 4x, in a crazy attempt. No luck. I can buy another one, but I don't want to unless I'm absolutly sure it's my card.

Here are the example screenies:
OpenGL
DirectX

I was lucky to get those to work. With large games, DirectX just shows a black screen, and OpenGL freezes the computer for 15 seconds, then unfreezes it, then another 15 secs...

This is also happening in my Gentoo Linux install. Same problems with OpenGL.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200, running on a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ with a gig of RAM.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
agrif

hmmmm, hard to say. I can tell you look at every other possibility before thinking its a dud card, ive learnt that first hand with my card, ive thought it was a dud a few times but ive worked out its just my lack of knowlege in the area. I would firstly check that your card is seated properly though. Check for overheating as well, how hot is your system temp?

Does your video card have a fan? Is so, check to make sure that it's free of dust.

Most of the video cards that I have see come back for RMA has been because the fan has packed it in due to too much dust.

Otherwise, if this is a card that you just purchased, then it looks like you might have some corrupt memory in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom