Graphics card that record video

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
I wan to ask if there's any graphic cards that can help me record program from the tv and act as a graphic card? And is MSI 9250SE 128mb tv-out enough for the games on the market and until the end of the year?? Thanz alot for any replies.. coz i would like to noe more abt the graphic card before buying them... Thanz.. :)

That card sounds like it is only a TV out card. Meaning you can display whats on your computer on your TV, but NOT capture what's on your tv onto your computer.

You need to either get one of the Radeon All-In-Wonder cards, or look at something like the card I have which is marked as VIVO (video in/video out) The VIVO cards don't have all the extra features that the AIW does, but there cheaper. I payed 299(Canadian) close to a year ago for my Asus Radeon 9600xt VIVO. They are down around the 200-250 mark in Canada now.

I would also consider going seperates if you want to play games. Get something like the 6600GT for graphics and then just pick up a tuner card seperately. You will get much better graphics support for games this way and still have the abaility to capture video.

fotowca said:
That card sounds like it is only a TV out card. Meaning you can display whats on your computer on your TV, but NOT capture what's on your tv onto your computer.

You need to either get one of the Radeon All-In-Wonder cards, or look at something like the card I have which is marked as VIVO (video in/video out) The VIVO cards don't have all the extra features that the AIW does, but there cheaper. I payed 299(Canadian) close to a year ago for my Asus Radeon 9600xt VIVO. They are down around the 200-250 mark in Canada now.

Thanz for both the replies.. i would like to ask that u mean a VIVO card will enable u to capture and act as a graphic card?? and are there and recommendations for cheap and decent graphic card... coz i'm going to buy a com at the end of the year... so this card juz haf to last till then..
Thanz alot for the replies..

1st off..the 9200 SE wont last you for any games this year. Hell, it was obsolete a year ago. VIVO is Video In/Video Out. It means you can input output video onto your computer to and from an external source. I think a VIVO card would work for you. And as idiotec said, a 6600 GT with VIVO should be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom