Graphics Card Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolRyMan323

Solid State Member
I have an Nvidia Geforce 6600 AGP 8X 256Mb Made By Chaintech and whenever I go to play any game the game freezes up after only a few minutes of gameplay. A few seconds after freezing my computer restarts. When windows xp comes back up i get a message telling me my graphics card is causing system instabillity. When i checked the error report out it said that the file nv4_disp.dll is causing the problems. Normally I would just try different drivers but the problem is that the only drivers that work with the card are the ones made by chaintech and they only have 2 and the new nvidia driver. all of which have the same problem. The only game I havent had a problem with is Star Wars: Republic commando, but I have a feeling that one will start messing up soon too. I also thought it was the card but this is a replacement card for an earlier card that had similar problems. When I go to install otner nvidia drivers i either get a message that says that my hardware is not compatible with those drivers or it install them and messes up my computer by making everything all blurry and messed up. i got the latest nvidia drivers to work with my card but it still restarts my computer when I play games and i still get the same error message telling me the card could not complete a drawing opperation!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

it's something in your computer causing instability due to compability issues.. post more specs of your PC

oh, it could also be that you don't have enough power or too much heat

what games are you playing?

Have you looked for patches to the games and have you downloaded them?

Have you completely removed your drivers & reinstalled them?

Go to tweakguides.com if you want help with that, go through his video card optimization, also pay attention to your temps.

Another possiblity is you don't have a good enough power supply to fuel the card & your PC. Try everything else first and if that doesn't work I'll guess its a hardware issue like power supply, bad card, or something like that.

u prolly need a new psu u gotta post ur pc so we know what ur rockin!
had the same exact problem playin unreal 2 hit 320 frames a sec and bam my pc would restsrt put a new psu in there and worked fine

My computer

Windows XP Home Edition
Chaintech Geforce fx 6600 8x AGP 256Mb
Chaintech Mobo
Intel P4 2.8 Ghz
5 fans
200 GB HDD
450 Watt PSU

and it does it with every single game I play

NO u obviuosly have a no namer for a psu since u didnt list a name u need a new psu!! u dont have enought power if it was ur graphics card it would prolly mess up in more than just games try a new psu

Heyyo,

Hmm, now you say you had this problem with an older vidcard, and it happens with this one too eh? so either you somehow had 2 bummed vidcards, or your mobo's messed or your psu. If you can, test the vidcard in another computer that you know runs fine like a buds. Say you'll pay him like $5 to test it. I bet if he has any brains he won't argue, $5 to do a 10 min test or so. Good deal. ;)

So yes, test the vidcard to be sure it works fine.. I just wanna make sure cause I hear there's a lot of bad AGP 6600GT's out there. XFX with bad vga coolers (they apparently fixed this with a newer revision), msi with defective ram.. there's probably more examples out there too.

If this checks out then yeah, I bet it would be a bad psu or mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom