graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

brut

Solid State Member
ok i just bought halo for the computer but it will not play what is a good graphics car i have a 16m nvidia tnt vanta and 256mb hard drive and 950mhz

############################
Official HALO Requirements - from MS Website
http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo.aspx
############################

*Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/Me/XP/2000
*PC with 733 MHz equivalent or higher processor
*128 MB of system RAM
*1.2 GB available hard disk space
*8x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
*32 MB T&L capable video card required
*Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
*Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
*56.6 Kbps or better modem or LAN for online play; broadband to run a server

Compare those requirements to your PC Spec and see what it is you need to update.

It needs a 32MB video card. He only has a 16MB one. These days it's probably a better idea to get at least a 64MB one.

Just don't get a Geforce MX4000. I just got rid of mine. It wouldn't play anything.

m3trj said:
It needs a 32MB video card. He only has a 16MB one. These days it's probably a better idea to get at least a 64MB one.

Just don't get a Geforce MX4000. I just got rid of mine. It wouldn't play anything.

I noticed he needed to update his GPU but I was hoping he would notice that rather than one of us having to tell him.

Not trying to be mean, just gets people thinking and means if he has a similar problem later, he knows what hes looking for. :)

Re: cracks

brut said:
how do i get cracks off of my computer

A crack as in an illegal program to install a program on your PC ?

If thats the case, simply uninstalling the program by going through the control panle > add/remove programs should do the job.

the crack are all over the place i have limewire it is a programe the i subsribed to and my sister downloaded someting that have a crack in it but they are in everything

Do you mean virus/trojan rather than crack ?

Cracks are not malicious in their own right, they cannot perform operations unless told to do so by the user(s) and are mainly used to remove trial periods from software.

Viruses/Trojans on the other hand are malicious programs that hide in other programs and spread through your PC.

If you are meaning Viruses/Trojans, I suggest you run a virus scan on your PC.

@brut it might be a idea to build to whole new pc as that one you have there is very old now and wont play many new games at all. the cheapest you could build one for is about £200(GBP) but if u want better ul need to spend more. would recommend at least double that.

If you have a serious virus problem, one that a simple scan cannot cure, the only real way to get rid of the viruses is to reformat. Best way to take care of your computer is to defrag every month, reformat every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom