Graphics Aperature Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
Hey Guys,

I have a P4C800D mobo, and a ATI Radeon 9200 (128MB). My question is: what should I set my "Graphics Aperature Size" in BIOS to? It says here, that I mat have to set it to 128MB:

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/biostutorial.html#AGPApertureSize

I'm not sure if setting this to a higher size will help or hinder me, because I don't know what it does. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm sure it's not important for this question but here's the rest of the specs:

CPU: Intel 2.6C GHz (HT)
MOBO: ASUS P4C800D
RAM: 2X PC3200 256 MB (400 MHz)
VID: ATI RADEON 9200 128MB
If theres anything else you need, just let me know.

Thanks a lot,
Matt

when they said this: If you are using a graphics card with a 128MB or more of memory installed a larger aperture size may need to be used. that does not mean you need to have 128MB APG aperatures size or greater, it just means you may need more than the default which is 64MB.

APG aperature is used to reserve some of the main memory (also called RAM, the memory you install in the slots) for the video card. since you already have 128MB on the video card itself i would leave AGP aperature to its default which is usually 64MB or 32MB. if you have not changed it yet, leave it alone. if your games run slow increase AGP aperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom