Graphical glitches!? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artifacts are nearly impossible to capture as they only appear in one frame, but your eye see's them longer.

one thign i forgot to mention was that my idle GPU temperature on the card was about 80 degress celcius. Is this considered to high?

For idle yes, average for that card is 50-60 degrees at idle.

Check the airflow in your case.

Make sure the card is seated properly also.

And finally check the fan is actually spinning and that it isnt dusty.

hmmm, ok the fans on the card are a little dusty, whats the best way to get this dust out without having access to compressed air.

I use my fiance's eyelash brush. There is a comb part and a soft brush. Works a treat.

EDIT: use the soft part.

If you dont have access to an eyelash brush, cotton buds work too.

in all seriousness though, how badly can a we bit of dust effect the cooling process on a 6800 card? Is it sufficient enough to create major overheating?

Put it this way. On my old amd athlon 2800+ I didnt clean the fan and heat sink for about 4 months.

I was getting idle temps of 55-60 degrees C.

I cleaned it and it drop to 35-40 at idle.

Your best bet is make sure you clean it completely once a month. PSU is a big attractor of dust, as is HSF for the cpu, the capacitors near the northbridge, the northbride itself.

Inbetween all expansion slots, HDD, Optical drives. and all the air intakes and outlets.

A clean system is a healthy system.

yeah it doesnt sound crazy at all eh, not sure why i ignore dust. I will actually do it the proper way and get some compressed air and see what my temperature drop is like if any.

lol, firstly ur BFG comes overclocked STOCK, i know its marketing and not much but still.. and whats the stock core n mem speeds on a NON BFG 6800 GT??? because 370 ?? thats overclocked right ??? that could be causing some probLeMos?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom