Graphic card headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheen

Baseband Member
Can somebody help me out here?
Assuming that 'display properties-settings-advanced-adapter-memory size' in Xp, tell you the size of your graphic card memory.

My computers original Graphic card, which is integrated into the motherboard, was suppose to be 8mg. but it only reads 4mg. I have added a 32mg AGP card, but still, I have some problems with he graphics. I was told that since the original graphic card was integrated into the motherboard, if there is something wrong with it,the whole motherboard is messed up.

1- Are your BIOS setting correct?
2- Are you sure the drivers have been removed/installed completely?

I believe everything is in order. I removed the graphic card I had put in and did a complete restore on the computer and checked the memory size before doing anything else to it - it read 4mg. memory. Is it possible that the battery is week? I don't know if that would really effect the Graphic memory, but it was suggested to me.

you have to disable your onboard video within CMOS setup. you also must use your new video card instead of the onboard. it sounds like you are still having your monitor connected to the onboard video.

No. when I had my AGP card installed, I disabled the Intel Card that was onboard. While I used the Erazor-3 32mg. Card, the memory sized read 32 mg. But there were still a few complications, as I said. I took the erazor-3 card out and completely restored my OS to eliminate the possibility that the erazor-3 card was the problem. I am right now using the original Intel Graphic card. It is suppose to be 8mg. but it only displays 4mg. memory size.
What I'm asking,is it there is something wrong with the graphic card,even if it's disabled could it still be causing trouble for my computer since it is integrated into the motherboard?

I'm trying to get something to go on with Sears. They just run the computer through some test and send it back to me sating there was nothing wrong with it.
I had a window 98 that I kept sending them because it was constantly freezing (about 8 times in an hour) and shutting off by itself. They ran it through some tests, said nothing was wrong with it and sent it back. The harddrive blew twice within a couple of months and the CD ram started going out a few weeks after I'd bought it!

I finally got them to replace it with this one. This computer - an XP, worked great for over a year until back in the spring of 2003 when the graphics started acting up.
I think when I get a chance.I'm getting rid of this computer and getting one from Del l- along with a maintenance agreement with them.
This computer is a Compq which might explain a few things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom