Which graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
Hello.

I am building a new computer and am wondering which video card to get.

I will not be doing intensive gaming, but I need a card that will not only play the most recent games, but also future games (if possible).

I only have about $200 to spend on a video card. If possible, list a few, so that I have some choices.

Thank you.

Ok, well if you had PCI-Ex I would recommend a 6600 GT, but since you most likley dont (as it is new technology), think about a 9800 Pro, or something equal to that.

persianxballer said:
Hello.

I am building a new computer and am wondering which video card to get.

I will not be doing intensive gaming, but I need a card that will not only play the most recent games, but also future games (if possible).

I only have about $200 to spend on a video card. If possible, list a few, so that I have some choices.

Thank you.

Do you have PCI, AGP2x/4x/8x, or PCI-EX?

Most likely just AGP 8x, and I think the 6600 is out for AGP now, so that's what I would go with.

The 6600GT is also coming out for AGP, infact there are now 3 available, at this time they are all over 200$, but they should drop to about 200$ soon:

Albatron Currently out of stock (only seller I can find)

BFG currently out of stock (only seller I can find)

XFX

I would stay away from the XFX version, as I have heard that they arn't too wonderful. And like I said, these are just early signs of the AGP version of the 6600GT, as more are released, and as more places start stocking them, the prices will drop.

The best way to go otherwise for AGP would be with the 9800 Pro, but that card is now starting to show signs of age. If you are getting a PCI-E Board, then there are alot more options at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom