Got new comp, problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingof2v1

Solid State Member
Just received my parts from newegg... having some problems building it though.

First lemme give you the specs:
Aspire X-QPack
eVGA e-GeForce 6800 GT PCI-Express
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+
Western Digital 160gb SATA HDD
MSI RS480M2-IL MicroATX mobo
Corsair XMS 1GB(2x512mb) TwinX PC3200 DDR400

Ok... so,
I built it all up, and when I start it up, I dont get any visuals from my monitor.
Things I have tried:
Re-arranging memory, using only 1 stick.
Using on-board video
Swapped monitor.

That's basically it for now, I have no spare parts I can try and swap to test... i'm open to all suggestions, at this point i'm about to bring it to my local shop.

Thanks in advance!

Tryed onboard video, but I didnt pull out the video card and reset the CMOS. Can you tell me how to do that real quick? Got a hunch it's going to be in the motherboard manual, gonna read through that real quick.

I'm pretty sure there is a jumper that you switch or take out and then turn on your computer and it should reset. It could also be that your mobos PCI-E slot is jacked up check to see if your onboard video works first.

PS. Say hi to Jack (taco/0-c4t) for me. Just say my name he'll know who you're talking about

Ok regnak posted a quicker way, bit more complex

Card, just yank it out, put it in an static bag if possible
Reset Cmos, find the watch battery, yank it out for at least 15 minutes (with power turned off). Replace battery after 15 minutes and it's reset

Ahh now I remember, I had this problem when I first built this computer. Go to your power supply and there should be an option on whether you want it running at 110/115Volts or else something Higher. Change it back to 110/115Volts if its not on it the higher voltage is for Europeans and their stuff is set up differently.

If that doesnt work you have 2 options. You can RMA your mobo or your Video Card. Since your built in Video Card isnt working either I would suggest going and RMAing your Motherboard either back to Newegg or MSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom