Got a bad virus, using old hardrive, dont have a windows disc, what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmhotness

Baseband Member
So im an idiot and clicked a link that was sent through aim by one of my friends, aparently a virus that got into there system and then i clicked it cause I thought it was from a friend. Anyways, I got the virus and am now using my slow ass old HD from my old computer. Is there a way that I can like make a reboot cd or something from this HD and reformate the newer HD? Also can I trasnfer any programs, my DSL program is on both and I dont think I know where the disc is to load it on. help?

so there is no way to just reboot windows completly and not safe anything? blah, what other options do i have?

lol. what i was saying is that there is no way of backing up your files AND restoring windows without restoring the virus as well....unless the virus can be cleared by software. either you can do a complete backup and restore it which would include windows and the virus or you can back up individual files that are important and you're sure are clean and restore them but you would need a windows disc

okay i can deal with no stuff from my old comp, i can put all my music and stuff on a disc, what about just getting windows xp? anyone can email for "other" ways of doing this if so emopunk96@mail.com

thanks

Linux makes a free bootable CD/operating system. It's basically an entire operating system that runs off of the CD. So just change your boot order to boot from the CD, put it in and will startup. It will recognize your drives and you can get your important data off of them. Then just re-install xp, and re-load your data

free download http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

of course you'll need a working pc to go online and download it to

try doing a repair installation of windows.

edit: silly idiot, (me), you dont have the disc, do you. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom