good value socket A mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie85

Solid State Member
Does anyone know of a good vlaue socket A mobo?

Im running an Athlon XP 2500+ and will also have a 9800 pro in it.

Thanks alot people.

what's your budget?

I had a ASUS A7N8X-X and it was rock solid. It didn't have all the bells and whistles that some other boards had but it worked great for me. $64.50 total seen here

Well im buying a few things from this site and as hoping from something from this list.

I just noticed they have the A7N8X-X, however it doesnt seem to be much different from the Asus A7V600-X listed there.

That's a smokin' deal on that board. at that price, it's like ~$43.00 USD.

What are you using the computer for? with a 9800 Pro i would guess Gaming.

oops! I guess i can't read. the one i seen was the A7V8X-X.

Initially its for university work. But ive decided to upgrade as i have a few new games ( doom 3, far cry, swat 4 ) and my current mobo only supports 4x agp.

Im going to go with the A7N8X-X at £40.07 ($75)

thanks buddy.

The Asus A7V600-X actually has some features that the A7N8X-X does not. Like RAID support, SATA support...

Of course you really should take this advice:

"We´d like to make customers aware that AMD will soon be discontinuing the Socket A platform. So if you´re designing a PC with future-proofing and cost-effective upgradeability in mind, we strongly recommend that you look at AMD´s Athlon 64 CPUs and our range of Socket 754 and Socket 939 mainboards."

The Asus A7V600-X actually has some features that the A7N8X-X does not. Like RAID support, SATA support...

I noticed that, but i take it the A7N8X is more expensive becuase of the nForce2 chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom