Good RAM ofr under $150US...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I am looking at the following:
OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K

Are these good sticks for the money? I don;t plan on doing any OCing, but I still want to get the best I can for my price range. If anyone has any other suggestions, I need:
2x512 or 1GB Dual Channel Kit
PC3200

And the rest is what I would like suggestions on. I have heard that different types of RAM chips (such as Samsung TCCDs) are vastly superior to others. And if someone could explain exactly what they are, I would appreciate it. I feel like a fool throwing around words I don't really know.

EDIT: I have a P4 BTW, I have heard that AMDs use slightly different memmory than intels.

Unless you plan to OC, I wouldn't bother buying really nice RAM. Sure, it's more dependable than cheap RAM, but it's hella expensive and doubtful that you'll have real issues unless you buy really crappy brand memory.

Meh, I may do it smoeday, and I am willing to spend themoney, mainly because I am going to sell my current sticks (2x256) to a friend, who is buying them to replace his current 512 of value ram. So you can see why I am not going the value route. I just need a solid 1gb (as 2x512) set for around $140, without sinking to the "Value" level.

Hmm, That's an awful lot, but selling my current ram for $40, it's not that bad. Thanks, I'll consider it, but I think I am going for the first ones I mentioned, which I assume are still quality sticks.

Well if you don't get what I sugested, then get what you were first looking at. It is better than what shawn posted. (lower latency + heatspreaders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom