Is this good ram? OCZ El Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I'm RMA'ing my TwinMos unfortunately, and I need some decent overclocking ram. I found the OCZ EL Platinum Revision for $168 on newegg and people seem to get very nice OC's with it. Here is the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146890

Can anyone else substantiate that these get a good OC?

I waited too long to order the TwinMos :(. Any other good OC'ing ram with a price under $175 for 2x512?

Those are good, but they use TCC5 instead of TCCD RAM chips now....TCCD are the shiz with overclocking, high speeds, decent timings, with low voltage.

Some people report TCC5 are exactly the same as TCCD, but I keep hearing a lot of mixed reviews on em...they WILL overclock don't get me wrong, talking atleast 250MHz more than likely, but the TCCDs would be hitting 275MHz+ easily...don't know how often the TCC5's are hitting that.

dude,the RAM KILLZ... Nubuis, who would freaking overclock 275MHZ+ over DDR400? Only ppl who are trying to break records and crap, but those ppl are looking at some spendy crap to buy....

dude,the RAM KILLZ... Nubuis, who would freaking overclock 275MHZ+ over DDR400?
You don't clock 275Mhz+ OVER DDR400.....it'd be 75Mhz over DDR400 resulting in DDR550....who 'freakin' does that you ask.....me that's who and I'm far from breaking records.

You seem to have a misconception of overclocking RAM, what it's capable of, and how easy it is with TCCDs on an AMD64 setup

On top of that, I know what the hell I'm talking about and am simply informing someone who's looking to buy the RAM of what it might be or might not be capable of, and the effect of the manufacturers switching from TCCD's to TCC5's

I have the new TCC5s, I had them running 250MHz before and I'm confident they'd go higher easily enough, but yeah there's mixed feelings about them. Some people have success with them and some can't get above 260MHz, OCZ claims stuff like they're tighter speedbinned but I'm not sure. Someone from XS needs to bust out an extensive review on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom