Good psus? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I have an Ultra 500W PSU and It as a good 12V Rail w/ 25a, It costs less than the X-connect one and looks just as good and is made by the same company, Right now I'm running:

hardrive
2 optical
4 fans
4 cathodes
Audigy Platinum

This PSU should be great for you!
heres a link http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...C-PRICEGRABBER

Old 09-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

hmm ok.. yea but i just kinda like the idea of this psu.. i mean, it makes the wires looks so much cleaner and organized.. my psu is sleeved and all but.. there's still .. iono i love this psu i'll probably end up buying it.. thanks for the info musjunk

Old 09-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I've heard nothing but good things about this model by OCZ

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...104-152&depa=0

I plan on getting it myself

<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">Desktop: 3.0ghz HT 800fsb P4, Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, 2x 512mb GEIL Dual Channel DDR400, 80gb 7200rpm ATA HD, Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Speakers, Turbolink 420watt PSU, Black 19\" Orion Monitor, Logitech MX Duo and Win XP Home</marquee>
<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">My Wishlist: 74gb 10K SATA Western Digital Raptor...</marquee>
Old 09-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to alecjahn

Quote:
Originally posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh DIS DIS U JUST GOT DISSED BIG TIME

ROFLMAO

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Shut-it.

I'm no mod but...
That comment was quite un-nessesary, if I might say so myself. The capitol letters were an especially nice touch.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

just bought this yesterday:

http://www.hotbean.com/w0023power560w.htm

can't go wrong with thermaltake. Woulda like a little higher 12+ rail thats why I almost went with the ultra cause it had 34 on the +12v, buuuut this no name 420w with a +15v rail has been handling my:

2 hard drives
2 CD-Roms
2-Cold Cathodes on front of case
2-Stacked 80mm fans one with LED's
One - rear - 80MM fan.

So yeah that thermaltake should handle all my needs plus the fact its got sleeved cables so that'll be nice. But yeah man oooh I just couldn't decide for a week wether to get thermaltake or Ultra....part of my decision was the Ultra fan grills looked to restrictive..more for 'looks' than function and I want good air actually moving through. Plus thermaltakes are meant and known for good efficiency...power correction and keeping cool. The ultra you can get the free sata cables with it after you order the product you contact the manufacturer but eh...the thermaltake already has it there although I don't even use SATA. When that PSU arrives I'm gonna have

2 Hard Drives
2 CD-Roms
2-Cold Cathodes
2-Stacked 80mm fans
1 - Rear - Vantec Tornado
1 - Coolermaster Jet Blowerfan for CPU
1 - Sunbeam Rheobus Fan Controller
1 - Top 120mm Fan for blowhole

22a should cover it =). Oh yeah plus it was the same price for an Ultra 500w or a Thermaltake 560w, so I wanted the extra wattage... and I don't even have THAT much compared to some people so that thing should easily be able to handle all that.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

hmm.. i talked to a guy from frozencpu.com and he said that this x-connect is selling like hot cakes and he's waiting for the blue ones to get in and he'll get one for his computer which is all decked out with lights... I think i'm going to give it a shot =)
Old 09-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

yeah was wold out on zipzoomfly for a while. Just came back in stock there. Let me know how it is =)

Closed Thread