Good psus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iono.. but i found it from zipzoomfly and sent in a form.. hopefully they'll get back to me soon

Yeah I couldn't decide between the thermaltake puerpower 560w or that Ultra Modular connecting one that you showed at the top. At zipzoomfly you get sata cables with it and it had an AWESOME +12v rail rating....buuut The thermaltake I believe is more efficient when it comes to energy use and 22a on the +12v rail is enough for me....don't have too many fans. Just ordered a 120mm fan and the Sunbeam Rheobus fancontroller though. Hope that thing doesn't suck too much power, but that thermaltake should be able to hand that no prob.

yea i'm looking for a serious psu i think.. something that'll handle a good.. 2 hard drives, 2 cdroms, 1 fan controller, 4 fans... 9 cathodes? lol 9800xt etc...

heck, i paid $20 for my unknown brand 450w psu at a computer stand in a swap meet well over a year ago...why spend over $50 for one anyway unles you want all the bells lights and whistles?

jaksback said:
heck, i paid $20 for my unknown brand 450w psu at a computer stand in a swap meet well over a year ago...why spend over $50 for one anyway unles you want all the bells lights and whistles?

I can't exactly give you a text book description of why.. but I'm not going to have an unstable component in a system where everything else is really good. If you have a $20 psu that sucks... and you try running a system like mine on it.. I guarentee that my computer wouldn't last very long... the psu would burn up. Also the rails are more accurate and much more stable.

Demalii said:
Ok so my antec 550w truepower yada yada.. nearly... 7 months old crapped out on me! Yay antec.. anyways, I can't find the reciept and I feel like I was shited on... these things got the best reviews and mine just craps out.. anyways, if you could please recommend a good psu.. i don't wanna go over like.. 110-115 really...

If anyone has heard good things about these lemme know, they look so.. mod-tastic:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/psu-94.html

Not only hear of 'em, been there. They're a small outfit of bright young(ish) guys, doing a VERY brisk business, though they always make time for gaming too. ;) Can't even hear the water pumps running in the office and gaming sections. Very cool (Frozen, in fact,) place.

Given they're local, I haven't done any web-bussiness with them. I just call 'em up and ask them to pull what I need, and I swing by and pick it up in 20 minutes, ya know? Well over 95% of the sales they do it via the web, so, though I can't personaly attest to how smoothly web-based transactions go, having not done business that way with them MYSELF, I will say that if you keep your ear to the ground on the web too, you here good noises comming from that camp!

ô¿ô

Does anyone know anything about the Enermax noisetaker series? Are they good psu's, or should I stick with antec. I'm looking to get a new psu.

Another company you might want to check out is PC Power and Cooling they make some real reliable power supplies......check out there web site. There is also a new power supply I read a review on recently that has plug cabeling so you can restrict your cabeling to just the ones you need keeping a very clean setup inside your case. Help me out here folks anyone remember who makes this new supply?
Anywhoo check out PC power & Cooling

Ohh i've been a longtime customer of frozencpu, I'm not asking about their company and how good they are.. really asking about that psu in that link and how good it is.. Well I came to find reviews that showed that X-connect 500w psu runs just as good as a $60 more Antec psu. The only thing i'm afraid of it that it won't be able to power everything in my computer...

I'll show you what I have again, maybe someone who knows electronics better could reply...

2 hard drives
2 cdroms
1 fan controller
v12+ heatsink
4 fans
9800xt
9 cathodes...

basically is where all the juice is going.. so would that psu cut it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom