Good Ol' Dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've not enjoyed Dell's so much. They are less of a suck than some other companies which we will not name, but custom built is still the best way to go in my opinion.

I'm sorry about your computer man, hope all works out.

Do you wanna know why she could not speak good english??

Coz the support team that comes with the DimensionÂ’s are based in India. Cheap machine, cheap support. I heard that from a top Dell guyÂ’s mouth. ThatÂ’s why the dimensions are so cheap, if I was ever to buy Dell (which I prob would not) IÂ’d buy an Optiplex or Precision, they cost more because those machines are tested and they have good support.

Just a tip for when you phone up. I'm pretty sure the call centre has an automated voice which goes on forever saying something like,

"Press 1 for software assistance"
"Press 2 for hardware assistance"
"Press 99 for general enquiries"

Anyway a tip for getting through straight away is to press 0. I heard this works for most call centres

Hope this is of some help,

Retro

I've had similar problems with Dell in trying to organise a replacement heatsink retention module.

I have had other Dell systems in the past and both the system and the aftersales service had always been spot on. However, since they have moved the support to India I have had nothing but problems.

After numerous phone calls, emails and even letters, I finally got through to a company who they outsource biz to for parts to systems which they no longer manufacture - 'Service Centre Europe' (i think that was their name). They are UK based and knew exactly what I was talking about. After speaking with their Customer Service Manager and explaning the prob, I had an engineer on the phone within an hour who identified the component I was after. The part arrived within a matter of a few days.

yea see i WOULD buy a new motherboard and just move it all into a new case, except im not sure i wanna do it, cause like if their motherboards arent standard ATX, then maybe some of their parts wont work in a new motherboard?! im scared..save me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom