Good Ol' Dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
I have a Dell Dimension 8300, we has a storm on monday night, light flickered, computer turn off. when i tried to turn it back on...the light in the front was Amber, not green like it sposed to be. so i looked in my manual and it says that when that happens, there is a problem with the power going into the microprocessor, so i was like sshhiiiiiaattt....and called up dell. i got some lady technician on the phone who could barely speak english and we 'discussed' it and i told her i had it pluged into a surge protector and all. the lady's got it stuck in her head that lightning struck the house or something and blew the motherboard. when infact there was no lightning, just rain, and the powere flickered,...so she put me on hold and came back 20 mins later and said that since lightning is an act of god, it isnt covered under warrenty, so after semi-exploding i tried to explain to her once more that there was no lightning, but her response was "is there anything else i can do?", then she hung up. so in the end...
i need a new motherboard. the problem is, i dont no how dell does its formfactor stuff, like is it their own custom form? or can it be replaced by an after market one?

thanks in advance

Thats horrible...

I'd call and tell off her supervisor for lack of professionalism and stupidity.

Well, I think the best bet would be to call Dell and ask them for the type of motherboard used on that machine. If you get some non-english speaking idiot again, simply escalate... thats a wonderful word... escalate.....escalate......escalate. It'll get to the point where they might even ship you a replacement to calm you down.

heh, she told me to take out everything, she tld me to take out my ram, sound card, modem, video card, unplug everything from the back, unplud all the IDE cables, unplug all the power plugs except for the main one going to the mobo, and then she never told me how to put it back in, luckily i no how to...but still, its kinda stupid...and i asked her while taking stuff out where should i put it...and she said anywheres fine...and im thinking...wtf m8..you put it on a carpet and there are millions of little things can get cought on the itty bitty loops of what ever carpets are made of, plus so much dust and stuff...she said i could put it on a table...and thats like...hard? possible damage...so i put it on a piece of paper and put it on the carpet...idiots...this is what they call technical support...

They just read a screen, they don't know jack.. So it's not like they actually care about helping you. And Dell's use their own style, so you'd need a new computer anyways, dells suck.

no dells (lower end versions are cheap) because they use low end parts

get a new case/power supply and motherboard and transfer all the parts over

I have never wooked/used a dell that I liked. Dell sucks big time. Horriable business practies, and worse tech support. Not to mention there product is crap.

I got a small shop (Computer Replay) to build mine. Same warranty as Dell, cheaper price (circa $800) and even better tech support. Only had one problem with the registry which required a fresh format/install anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom