Good monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person

Baseband Member
Whats is the best kind of monitors around?
Im not asking about size, or things like that. Im curious about refresh rates, resolution and eye strain. Those are only things that really matter to me.

CRT monitors are definately still better for image quality, but LCDs are quickly gaining ground. I think in a few years nearly everyone will be using LCDs, but until then, you're probably better off using a CRT (that is if you don't mind a bit of radiation ;)) Personally I've always been partial to NEC CRTs because of their excellent image quality and reasonable price.

On the other hand, if you're really picky about refresh rates and flicker (like me), you might be better off with an LCD. The main advantage an LCD has over a CRT is the fact that you never see any flicker because of the way the picture is displayed. Once again, I'm pretty partial to NEC displays, mostly because I've been so satisfied with mine. However, I've seen some very nice products from Viewsonic and Samsung, so the absolute best way to make a decision is go into a store and sit in front of it yourself.

para,

what's you're lcd brand? i'm thinkin of buying an lcd and there's no better opinion than from a satisfied lcd user.

how about 3d intensive gaming? i see your 3dmark fps is high

I've got an NEC LCD1760v, which was one of the only LCDs with a 16ms response time when I bought it. If you're looking for a monitor that will handle all kinds of multimedia such as fast-paced games or movies, getting a monitor with a low response time (<20ms) will ensure that you get minimal "ghosting" or blurring of the image. The amount of ghosting on my NEC is very minimal and I'd reccommend it to any gamer looking for a gaming LCD.

However, there are lots of other LCDs with 16ms response times on the market now, so your best bet is probably to shop around. What I did was go into popular stores like Future Shop and Best Buy to actually look at the monitors and compare image quality, then I ordered the monitor from a site on the internet since I was able to get a much better price online.

alright,...i'll do that. thanks!

just a question,..is there difference between an LCD and TFT? or is it the same?

i personally

prefer the samsungs for crt or lcd, but i think sony has a nice (if a bit overpriced) lcd, i think an 18" was like $1000 or something, maybe a little less now, but i really like the samsungs, they rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom