Good Heatsink Fan for Socket A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey guys...I've been reading some reviews here and there :cool: ...and I've come to a conclusion that the stock heatsink fans, are not effective at all when it comes to a little overclocking :confused: ...So I was wondering...within the price range of about 25-30 US bucks, or about 35 Canadian, what would be a good and effective heatsink fan...Socket A(462), or even a universal one. I'm not carrying my case around...so I guess weight is not a problem...also I don't want to be TOO loud...if it's loud a little, it's o.k. Thanks guys. :)

Thermaltake Silent Boost for AMD Athlon Xp.

Their Volcano Series heat sinks are good for OverClocking, but they are noisy unless you mod them.

O.K...what about the Zalman 7000 ALCU? Is that any good? Will it drop the temperaures much?

O.k...which Volcano is it, (I mean Volcano 12, 9 or 10, or anything else? And what does ducting mod mean? Thanks.

if you want volcano obviously you'd go with the higher model number..come on now thats common sense..... the Thermalright SLK-900A is about the best damn heatsink you can get on the market...but it is JUST a heatsink and you'd need to buy your own fan for it and the thing is $35 at www.svc.com I have the coolermaster jet 7 and the heatsink isn't that great and I think the previous series (Aero 7)'s blower fan actually does better than the newer fan. I got both...so I know.

http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/DuctingMod.htm

thats the thermaltake ducting mod

oh o.k...Obviously I know the higher the number the better...but some models with lower number are actually better sometimes...if considering dimensions, or just features...but good advise though...thanks, I'll check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom