Good headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Basically I'm open to sugestions for them. (Needed to replace my now dead :( speakers (I got my surround sound to replace them, so I don't want to replace them, but I need the headphones to be good quality to replace my listening, when my Mum gets annoyed that she can hear my music the other side of the house.)

They have to be very good quality sound.
Comfortable
Have a wire length over 1.5 meters preferable over 2 so I can move.
Cost about £20 (could squeeze to the high 20's (Belive it or not, that is all the money I have.)
On sale in the UK, preferable from one of these, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Headsets.html

I was thinking the Creative HQ1300 looked good, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Creative_headsets.html

Does anyone have good headphones they can recomend?? Or know of any good ones in my price range?

I dunno if u can find them for 20 pounds, but the PC-150 are nice. I love them. 3 meter cord, mic mute switch, mic noise reduction technology etc....

I have a Sony MDR-V250 that I really like. I rarely use it, but it is quite comfortable (my only complaint is that soemtimes my scalp ends up hurting a bit, but I just readjust and it goes away pretty quickly). They are very light, have a long cord (2m I think), have god response, and are low profile. It also has an imline volume control and mono/stereo switch (to take advantage of the reversable earcups). Not sure where to find them in the UK though. My friend has a Sennheiser (not sure what model, but it looks like the PC150) that he swears by, and he uses them for hours at a time. They are a little pricy, but are likely very well worth it. Not that my Sony pair isn't :)

TheMajor said:
Sennheiser PC-150 has in-line volume control as well.

can you wear it for hours without feeling it?? :D

how's the bass and comfort?

btw, you can fit a PC-130 in your budget, maybe you can go for that

diabloII said:
can you wear it for hours without feeling it?? :D

how's the bass and comfort?

btw, you can fit a PC-130 in your budget, maybe you can go for that

When I just bought it my left ear hurt a bit, but I am used to it now. I mostly wear it for about 5-10 hours without feeling anything.

I cannot compare it to other headphones cause this is my first "real" headphone. Compared to my $5 Trust headset this Sennheiser has awesome bass.

Its pretty comfortable.

I have heard before that sennheiser makes good quality heaphones, but is there anything a bit cheaper than the PC-150, but still keeping the sound quality?? The most I have is £30 including p. 'n' p.

I am not bothered about the microphone, as I won't use it.

Are the ones that I found any good?

Thanks for the sugestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom