Good gaming pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanitaryToe

Beta member
Just wanted to know if this would be really good for gaming etc.

-Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz 512k 800 MHz FSB
-Quantity 2 of Corsair 512MB PC-3200 DDR400 C2 XMS | (Extreme Memory Speed series) (1gig memory)
-Quantity 2 of Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA (ATA150) (240gigs)
-Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB DDR DVI/TV 8X AGP (Powered by ATI)
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
And then i htink 5 fans (glow blue =P)
And a glowing keyboard lol..
Price: $ 2136.37

Are those good things for a gaming pc?
Just wanna know since im gunna prob get that this month.

great for gaming but also a waste of money
pci express is on its way!
watchout!

Yea I guess it a lil pricey but its better then buying the same thing for 3 grand from alienware or one of those other ones

O and is this enough to keep the heat down or whatevah?

Quantity 4 of COOLER MASTER TLF-R82 (TLF-R82-E1) ( Blue )Neon L.E.D. Fan. and i think there is also a reg fan included... For 30 extra bucks i could get the 1 reg fan changed to a copper cpu cooler but i dont think i really need that do i?

So many posts with the top of the line components, and every one asks the same question. Is it good for gaming. a computer with half those stats is good for gaming. A computer is good for gaming until it will not play your games anymore. That one is top of the line. You almost cant get much better. If its not good for gaming then nothing is. But yes waste of money, Not because of PCI express either. Because it is way too much just to play games. Hey if money is no object - sweet, i would get it. But for that price you could build 2 machines that were very good for gaming.

If you really want something semi-state of the art without having to dump way too much into it, why not try this:

Go with the AMD 64 3200 and offset the price by only going with 512 of memory instead of a full gig. You can also find yourself a nice 200 - 250 Gig Hard Drive in non Raid format. The IDE's are just about as fast as the SATA, as far as seek time. This should end up being about the same price, but it'll be more powerful.

Of course if you would like a really sweet rig, take a look at the VooDoo F-Class or the Falcon Northwest Mach V. Now thems some sweet rigs!

AMD 2500+
A7N8X Deluxe
512 RAM 2700
ATI 9700 Pro
WD special 120 IDE
Thermalright SLK 800u (attaches to the mobo!)
Antec LANboy case (blowhole gracias ala dremel)
Logi Keyboard / MS 3.0 Mouse
Mitsubishi DP 2070 SB

Well, if you can afford those components, i say...sweet...go for it. I'd like that setup.

What kind of case are you going to put all the technology in to?

Dude That's Alot of money!! You could do better on your own & get advise here on what to buy:cool:

<<<<<<<<<<<Agrees with kboy. build your own, and pay less money. If you got the money and don't want to build though, that is a sweet rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom