Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
yeah im in canada and i was looking for a cheep video card.... and then i stumbled across the "ATI(Sapphire) Radeon 9200SE 128MB DDR VGA+TV out OEM" for like 64 bucks... so it sounds like a good deal,and the place is just down the street from me but im not sure, what do u guys think?, Also will this video card be compatible with windows 2003?..

Ohh yeah heres the link 2 the site http://www.anitec.ca/productitem.asp?FundID=1&pid=1172

That's a good price (in CND dollars) for that card, since it's the 120 MB version.

It will be compatible, though it won't play all the 3D games in the world....for most intensive 3d games, you will have to turn off/or lower some of the graphics features.

aww... haha yeah but it will be better then my 32 mb onboard i have rite now :).. lol, but yeah will it be able 2 run like command and conquer generals and like rise of nations?.. games like that..?

I play rise of nations and age of mythology on my old comp.... it has a 128 MB, 9200 se.

good deal for the card but. Se devices are stripped down pieces of junk and i would/will never buy one. For a couple reasons. A-se stands for slow edition B-Runs at way lower core speed and can barely play anything on it even if it is high se drives like 9700se or 9600se c-I just dont like crappy parts

welll... is thier another card by any chance that is around the same price that is better?, perhaps another brand?.... or what?... [canadian prices]

For that price, you might find something on ebay, or refurbished somewhere. I don't know if you'd be willing to take the risk of buying like that...up to you.

you could go to future shop get a good card (which would cost you more money now) and also get the Product service plan for 3 years. then when they stop making the particular model that you have, overclock your card till it's dead and then take it back to futureshop. They will give you an up graded one (since they dont offer the one that you bought origanally) . This way you have a new card for 3 years and it will probobly cost you less in the long run ..... something to think about if you are thinking about upgrading in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom