Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok someone i know that lives next to me is selling their laptop and asked if i wanted to buy it. Its an almost new alienware maybe months old and is in mint condition. He wants $2500 for it. Here are the specs.
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
Case: Area-51m 7700 Case with 17" WideSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 LCD Display with Built-in Camera - Xeno Grey
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 570J Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB Cache
Motherboard: Intel® 915P Chipset Supporting PCI-Express
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Video Card: Area-51m 7700 NVIDIA GeForce™ 6800 Go Ultra with 256MB of DDR3 memory
Sound Card: Intel® High-Definition Audio (24-bit, 192Khz) with 7.1 surround sound
Hard Drive: Extreme Performance - RAID 0 - 200GB (100GB x 2) 5400 RPM ATA100 - Seagate
Optical Drive One: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo w/Software
Floppy Drive: USB Floppy Drive
Ethernet NIC: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Modem: 56K Modem with V.92 Technology

Is it worth it?

Yes and No
It's a decent price, but unless you like gaming while riding on the bus, your not going to get what you want out of that laptop. That's the very high end peformance, big clunky kind of laptop.

2500$ it would be better to buy a new lightweight laptop :)

Well i game alot thats why i have a computer almost but can you get a lightweight laptop with good performance. The reason i want it is cause my dad does a train show and just bought an rv and he is always traveling on weekends and vacations and he got this new satellite tv and internet for the rv so i wanted an awesome gaming pc but a laptop.

You will literaly have to keep that laptop plugged in, as the battery life would be very short.

If you are going to be in a motor home, than this shouldn't be a problem, as there would be plugs. The size wouldn't be a problem in there (how big is it?) For me, having a laptop with gaming potentials is not a great idea, as if you need to be wireless, you can't have a 6800 ultra in there sucking up the juice. Can you get a desktop PC in there?

How much is that laptop new? I was thinking near the 4k mark, if it is, than it probaly is worth it.

it gets a 11mb connection which is good the rv is i think i couold be wrong 50 ft long its big i could put a desktop but right now i dont have a pc with him (parents are divorced) i have a good one at my moms so i want a laptop that kicks ass that i can have in the house and rv instead of two awesome desktops and the guy said when playing games he can play 3,4 hours till it dies and it charges fast. I looked it up and it said 3500 so youd be saving 1000.

Well that laptop is certaintly a beast. And I don't think the battery life is going to be anything insane like .5 hours. And I thought for their most powerful laptops that alienware uses dual batteries but I might be wrong about that. If it goes for 3 hours or so then that's plenty good.
Anyway that thing should game no problem and be very fast and it's a darn good price you're getting so I would go ahead and get it.

wow that is a nice price and thatll play games incrediblely good

man im envious that things better than both my desktops and my laptop combined and worth more too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom