Good computer for BF2? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 03:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to angryOGG

BFG!!! (overclocked out of the box)!

Corsair XMS (1GB)
WD RAPTOR (150GB)
WD Caviar (250GB) 16mb cache
Thermaltake Armor
Enermax Noisetaker 600w
NEC OD
Old 06-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

everybody who even mentioned the word "fanboy" please SHUT UP!! Its pissing me off.

About BFG, yes, it is OCed out of the box, but they charge a lot for an overclock of about 1 mhz. As for eVGA vs Leadtek, u cant go wrong with either.

About the gigabyte mobos, all i have to say is meh. A much better mobo, especially for OCing is the DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by GameGURU
I am not trying to start anything you little kid. All I am saying is that eVGA, among customers has a better reputation. Everything I have always heard is that Leadtek is not the one you want to get. I am sure some people are wrong and leadtek is good with some stuff as well.

Why do they have a good rep? Because they make good cards!

"Just because they have had a good reputation, does not mean another company can come up with something better. "

You just told me eVGA couldnt out do Leadtek...

"You just say that because you are a fanboy."

Quit acting like a 5 y/o and grow up.
You still haven't proved why eVGAY is better than Leadtek. I'm not saying that eVGA is bad, but I am saying that Leadtek has the better product right now. SImple as that. Now, if you are willing to prove why eVGA is better, by all means, please do. I have a reason why Leadtek is currently better, the only reason you have come up with so far is that I am 5 years old.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by 003
You still haven't proved why eVGAY is better than Leadtek. I'm not saying that eVGA is bad, but I am saying that Leadtek has the better product right now. SImple as that. Now, if you are willing to prove why eVGA is better, by all means, please do. I have a reason why Leadtek is currently better, the only reason you have come up with so far is that I am 5 years old.
SHUT UP!! BOTH OF YOU!! The guy came here for a little advice, and you 2 managed to turn this into an all out flame war! U wanna argue over eVGA and leadtek? Do it through PMs!

@PCTech86, as for eVGA and Leadtek, u cant go wrong with either one. The leadteak model has a larger heatsink, so its better for OCing, but eVGA is renowned for having great products as well as great technical support and RMA policies. However, they use a reference heatsink, not that there is anything wrong with that. Ignore those infants, they are just too busy trying to prove the other guy wrong.

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 06-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by 003
eVGAY? Are you still in 5th grade, grow up. You obviously are 5 years old if you come up with that crap.

I don't think I can prove any card is better because they all run off of the same GPU, eVGA has better quality from most people I have heard.

Calm down.
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows XP/Mac OSX 10.5

No longer a Guru of games...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Thread closed due to abounding immaturity.

Everybody, GROW UP!

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Closed Thread