so yea, im thinking of upgrading my PC for the release of elder scrolls: oblivion....but im not sure if now is the right time to buy, with the release of the new 512 cards.
so yea, i have a practically unlimited bugget, within reason...im not spending 4k on an upgrade...3 maybe...
not including the Case
, which iv already ordered, just got to wait for it to get here...could be awhile since i dont think have hit ausralian shores.
what im keeping is:
- Logitech MX510 Mouse
- thermaltake 480W PSU
- creative Audigy LS sound card (PCI)(for now anyway)
- LG flat19in Moniter.
- 52x CDrom
- Hard drive cradle.(for a 160GB HD)
so i need a new MB, GFX card, CPU and RAM and HD.
heres my thoughts..
CPU - im thinking intel since i run photoshop, dreamweaver, and alot of expolorer windows, aswell as ares(downloads) and iv read alot that AMDs are only for games, since i dont just play games im thinking intel, but im open to sugestions.
keep in mind my current CPU is 3.06 with HT @ 3.2, so getting somthing slower isnot an option. was thinking LGA775, but are intel releaseing a 4g model soon or are they still stuffing around? (not intrested in EE)
GFX - well i got a 9800XT right now, but i have a good reason to get rid of it(my dads paying for part of the upgrade, hes getting the old PC, good enough reason to cash it in) so yea im thinking i should wait for the 512 cards to come on PCIe...thought so...
Ram - im totaly open on this, but i was thinking geil DDR2 2X1G PC4300 533MHz, would prefere ddr2 dam.
motherboard -again, im not caring about my MB to much, but it has to run...
- sound card (PCI)
- PCIe gfx card.
- whatever CPU i end up getting, but im guessing it will be socket 775,(if thats what the 4g pentium end up running on) Im guessing the 4g will be 1066 FSB aswelll so err...maybe dont beter find a mb until i know what intel are doing with their cpus...
- current cd rom and burner/dvd drive
- 2x80g HDs,(or maybe jsut 1, might scrap a drive)
- serial ATA HD(that will run with the ide HDs right?, not sure on that part)
- supports duel channel and drr2 ram.
lol im not sure what you guys can do with that, or hell im not sure what replys to expect...opinions i guess :P on anything...