Going crazy getting a new comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ankush09 said:
I'd go with Intel, I've heard of AMD as slow

You've heard? From who? Do you have any experience with AMD?

I've had experience with three P4 comps, and two AMD comps.. and definently AMD > Intel

OMFG, guys, he's gonna play CS, that's more than enough, he'll get like a constant 100FPS, btw, guy, I'd suggest getting an nForce2 based mobo (from MSI preferably) because if you ever do switch to a 3200+ or something like that, you'll have dual channel RAM capabilities too.

Wow thanks for the replies, yea i made that list late last night and i forgot hd but ill probably pick up a 40 gb maxtor or something. If i ever need to add another stick of 512 ram will it work with that mobo? And yes the processor is retail and it says ::packaging: Retail Box (Heatsink and Fan included) :)

yeah you can add anoher stick of 512 no problem.

Wartorment, dual channel ram wont work with the 2500+?

ok.. go for it, your comp will be awesome in cs, 100fps constant...... maybe a little lower in smoke... and I hope your not one of those "developer 1" fags

zero1424 said:
ok.. go for it, your comp will be awesome in cs, 100fps constant...... maybe a little lower in smoke... and I hope your not one of those "developer 1" fags

???......

...also, smoke gets bad depending on your video card's open gl support.

Yeah almost any "budget" card will go down under smoke. My Sapphire 9600 (100 bucks) is rock solid through it tho under full quality and @ 1152 by 864.

I'd reccamend Seagate hard drives - theyre hella quiet (your fans will be the the only noise problem) and nice and fast (depending on the model)

Dont overlook the NF7 "series" for AMD motherboards. Nothing runs like a 2500 slapped on an NF7-S. I'm ordering an NF7 pretty soon - only 66 bucks at NewEgg! ("-S" model = more $, more features.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom