Go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot say anything about the 2800+. I niether have one or have heard much about them. I have heard a lot about the 2500+. A lot of people in these forums are saying it is the best bang for your buck right now. Mainly because it is so overclockable. Try to get one that does not have it's multiplyers locked as yet. Good luck.

the 2500+ is the best bang for the buck and the sweetspot of the amd markit. It is a much better deal. Both about same in ocing because all barton cores are o/c protected up the wazoo

i currently have the 2400+, would there be any noticble difference in the performance of the 2? i know the only differnce is the 2500+ is 1.83 ghz and is L2/512K and the 2400+ is 2 ghz and is L2/256K. Is it anything to get mad about not buying the 2500+ instead?

and mistake me if i am wrong but the only difference in the 2800 from the 2500 is that the 2800 is 2.08 ghz?

yes ur rite...2800+ operating frequency is 2.083ghz but i guess...ppl that don wana oc at the MOMENT...are good with its speed since ne system with 2ghz or mroe shuld be able to process info good.

Hehe, I have a poor 2000+ but it runs fine. The only difference between my processor and one of higher ranking is my L2 cache, which is only 256. I don't think it makes that big of a difference though, besides, I have it running at 333Mhz FSB, which is what the 2500+ runs at.

I'd get the 2800+, because that should OC some if you can actually OC it, although all AMD's are supposed to be locked from now on;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom