Glossy or Matte Monitor for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFlare

Baseband Member
I plan on building a computer in the next few months for gaming. I do plan on building it up enough to play Battlefield 3, but the main questions is, what do you guys prefer to use for gaming?

My room is normally dark. I have black out window curtains (doesn't allow any light through at all), so glare on the glossy monitor probably would be minimal.

I have heard some of my friends say they will only game on matte screens, but I cant seem to understand why, glossy seems to give more vivid and clear colors.

What do you guys think?

Comes Down To Personal Preference I Personally play On Matte And Glossy Screens But My Room Is Lit Up Most Of the Time So I Prefer Matte As I Wont Get Annoying Lights Showing Up On The Border But You Said (Glossy Gives More Vivid And Clear Colors) I Don't Think So Unless Your Referring To An LCD Screen Or A Normal Monitor (Non-LCD) Just Go With Your Preference I Don't See Differences.

I prefer matte screens, particularly on laptops. You can get filters you can put on a glossy screen though to turn it into a matte screen.

Comes Down To Personal Preference I Personally play On Matte And Glossy Screens But My Room Is Lit Up Most Of the Time So I Prefer Matte As I Wont Get Annoying Lights Showing Up On The Border But You Said (Glossy Gives More Vivid And Clear Colors) I Don't Think So Unless Your Referring To An LCD Screen Or A Normal Monitor (Non-LCD) Just Go With Your Preference I Don't See Differences.
Please, don't capitalise every word. It's like a strobe light flashing in your eyes when you try to read it :p

My room is normally dark. I have black out window curtains (doesn't allow any light through at all), so glare on the glossy monitor probably would be minimal.

I use a matte monitor (Acer P215h) but I have a window right behind me and the shade doesn't keep out all the light. Since you have blackout curtains I would say go with the glossy unless any light at all reflecting off the screen would be a major distraction for you(It would be for me).

Maybe ask one of your friends if you could borrow a matte monitor for a bit and try to get ahold of a glossy one too and see which one you like better.

I personally feel glossy gives a better overall color for some reason, colors always seem deeper and more vibrant I guess. Not sure why, just the way I see things I guess.

why is every word capital for u.. that musta took you a long time...

My MacBook has much better color reproduction and seemingly higher picture clarity than my desktop monitors... but the glare.. is just so bad... :tongue:

At night I prefer glossy... everywhere else I prefer matte.

My curtains are closed 24/7 so it doesn't make much difference for me when using my monitor :)

My MacBook has much better color reproduction and seemingly higher picture clarity than my desktop monitors... but the glare.. is just so bad... :tongue:

At night I prefer glossy... everywhere else I prefer matte.

That could be due to the quality of the panel in the Macbook vs your desktops as well. All else being equal a glossy display does tend to look a little more vibrant at the expense of glare issues. However the primary determining factor for display quality will always be the physical panel that's being used so that's what you should look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom